POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Important information when renting in Nelly
Nelly pioneer in car rental in the Dominican Republic we have characterized as a company committed to good service to our customers, our way of working is based on transparent policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RENT
The minimum age to rent a car is 25 years, if you are under this age and under 21 years pay a penalty of $ 5.95 per day plus tax. (we reserve the right to admit people between 21 and 25 years).
Valid driving license: The client and any additional drivers must possess a valid driver's license from country of residence. The Dominicans nonresident or foreign passport must also present, and Dominicans resident must present their identity card and electoral. We reserve the right to verify a driver's license under rules set by Nelly Rent a Car and deny the rent for the unit if it does not comply with these rules.
Credit card effect: In the most recognized Nelly accept credit cards at time of rental. Credit cards accepted are for example: Visa, Master Card, American Express, having these have funds available for a hold or release the amount of which depends on the reserved vehicle and days of rental. The client may end of lease pay cash in Pesos (RD $), Euros (EUR) or US Dollars (USD $).
We remind some of our most important safety rules to follow when you rent one of our vehicles:
- The use of seat belts is MANDATORY.
- You should always drive on the right.
- Prohibited by law, the use of cell phones while driving the car.
- Only use unleaded gasoline. For gasoline vehicles.
- When you go to deliver the car, consider at least 20 minutes to do and to return to the airport. International flights require their presence and documentation at least two hours before departure.
- For your safety, not allowed by law that children under 8 years riding in the front seat. We service Baby Seats available in some offices, please ask our representatives.
- During the rainy season, be wary of the overflow of streams and rivers on the roads.
- It is very easy to get stuck in the sand or on the beaches, so try not to leave the road in no time.
- Always drive carefully and pay special attention to the corners with stoplights.
- Check other important signs here.
- In case of emergency please contact the office where I make the rent or our system of assistance 24 hours 809-541-7777 option 3.
INCOME INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS
Reservations: For reservations via the Internet, is not required to provide a credit card number. However these reservations will only be valid until 2 hours after last minute withdrawal of the vehicle.
Taxes: All charges are subject to 18% for the ITBIS tax.
Additional charges are applicable only if:
"Drop-Off" (one-way): this charge only applies if You want to take the car on a city or airport code and want to return the car in another location.
Gasoline: this fee applies only if the Customer to return the car, does not deliver the same level of gasoline that was received.
Fee Airport (the Airport Cargo): this charge is 10% and applies if the rent is an airport and could vary depending on the location. Caution with stray cattle and other animals on roads and streets.
Rates: Rate includes rent the car for a certain period (day, week, month) and unlimited mileage. The minimum rental charge is one day (24 hours from the time of receiving the unit), regardless of the client works the car only part of the time. For purposes of income day periods deemed by 24 hours or fraction exceeding 4 hours. The rental rate does not include fines, speeding, drag crane, gas, leave the car at another location (Drop off), nor any other chargeable service.
Place and date of return of the car: The place, date and time agreed to return the vehicle can not be modified without the prior permission in writing from our office. In case of breach of this provision by the client, in addition to the charges resulting therefrom.
Additional Driver: The customer may designate additional driver more than 25 years old with valid driver's license issued by the competent authorities. This service will have an extra charge of $ 5.95 plus tax. The additional driver will be subject to all the obligations of the customer in terms of vehicle handling and is jointly liable with that in relation to liability for damage to third parties and / or the drive.
Debe seleccionar algun tipo de cobertura:
De no haber seleccionado algun tipo de cobertura el hold a retener en su tarjeta de crédito será de $2,500 USD.
If you think you have any questions regarding these policies and procedures, we invite you to contact us, we are at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.